Tuesday

A Sweet Song About How Women Keep Men From Getting Better at Golf

golf with my lucky husband
"...I got a hopeless golf game, I like the sound of your name."

Generally speaking,  I'm not a fan of country music. Having grown up in New England before there was a Taylor Swift or a Carrie Underwood, I always tended to associate the genre with a twangy sound, syrupy lyrics and Achy, Breaky annoying-ness.  The  "country pop" subgenre was in its infancy; Shania still went by Eileen, Dottie West had just become Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers... well he was Kenny Rogers, but it just didn't resonate with me.

However, after the quixotic lyric above appeared in my twitter feed for the tenth time yesterday,  I did some research and discovered "A Woman Like You" by a man named Lee Brice.

It's a beautiful, charming song... ultra-country, and naively romantic. Basically, it describes the ways a guy might need to, um... change his behavior in order to be with the woman he loves. It also outlines some of the things he may have to give up; like deep sea fishing and drive-thru fried chicken, poker nights with the guys and an old green Nova.  Oh...and golf.  Yes, golf's in there too, but I'm guessing it can stay if the guy finds a girl who shares his passion.  Like my lucky husband did.

Mind you, the husband's golf game is still pretty hopeless.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...