Wednesday

Big Time




Since I'm sure my readers spend their time reading The Economist and The New York Times, they probably missed this. Fact is, I did, too, until another surgeon came up to me today while I was scrubbing for a case and mentioned she'd seen it.

I'm especially disappointed at the first quote of mine, which was just part of a story I was telling when the interviewer asked me about when something surprised me during an operation. It certainly doesn't belong in "things surgeons won't tell you." I gave her a lot better ones than that, including one I thought the most important of all:
"Judgment is more important than techinique. The body heals well enough that it can make up for it if your surgeon is a little less than graceful. But there's no amount of healing that can fix the wrong operation done at the wrong time."
See? That's better than any of them.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...